Find Me On:
Wait… is it cause DeMint caused the recession?
I uh… that movie had like 5 seperate and wholely distinct rape jokes in it. Like, including the little boy rape joke? Too much rape, I think. Could have gotten by with less rape.
I had forgotten about that thing!
Actually not that it comes close to mattering, but he’s telling the other guy, “Shagga son of Dolf” to cut off Pycelle’s manhood and feed it to the goats. It’s what Shagga kept threatening to do to Tyrion in Season 1 when he was befriending him and the rest of the savages
Wait, is this the Game of Thrones recap thread?
Except without the good vs evil and more with the one side vs another side vs another side vs another side vs another side and filled with grey on grey morality and the battles actually make sense (instead of being won by, say, gunpowder or an invincible ghost army) and without wizards and the entire plot is not hinged around a single action of magical artifact destruction that makes everything else completely meaningless
But it is also medieval! And very large. More characters though. So many more characters.
Oh you definitely heard Scotty Doesn’t Know during a scene in real life that looked like it was actually from Eurotrip
…Can someone pose as a Klan representative and offer money to the Tea Party with a hidden camera?
Okay so actually looking around a while about this, I’ve concluded two things:
1) There is absolutely no source for this other than people repeating The National Enquirer. Which, let’s face it, is kind of insane. So I’d say maybe hold off on thinking that it’s at all true until ANYONE ELSE has ANY information about it, which one hopes would eventually have leaked since the original “revelation” was in august of 2009
2) Morgan Freeman legally adopted the girl’s mother, so in the eyes of the law as far as I know the woman is his daughter, and the child is his granddaughter, despite the many MANY blog posts referring to her as his step granddaughter. Just to make a distinction.
I wish people would show up at these things and wave Counter-Arguement Protest Signs around
For this one I would be immensely heartened (a word? Maybe?) by a great big sign that said:
US Constitution – 1st Amendment
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
A more emotional but nonetheless amazing rant from him is here:
He makes me wish I was American, which is not a common wish for me to have.
I was introduced by Robert Sheehan gifs on Videogum!
*sigh* good point
“damn English queero nerd”
I wish there was someone as bright and angry and took as much joy in verbal beatdowns as Issac Newton alive today to wipe the floor with Bill O’Reilly on national television.
I… alright NERD ALERT but just… there’s an essential problem with this idea: the moon does not rotate in relation to the Earth. The same face points towards us all the time. The Eagle landed on the facing-us side, and the lander stays there still. I guess… in this Transformers universe, the moon rotates differently?
But don’t take my word for it, check out your local Wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking
- Polanski did a terrible thing once (for all we know anyways), he didn’t have a 10 year history of constantly doing/saying terrible things
- Polanski did a bad thing but seems to be generally sane, where Gibson seems completely unhinged
- Polanski grew out of concentration camps and had his wife brutally murdered in a crime that stayed completely unsolved with no real leads for months, where Gibson… didn’t.
- Polanski had good publicists spin what he did into not being so bad, and to confuse the truth so the majority of people don’t even know what he actually did, and think the Incident involved a willing but underage participant, not a drugged-underaged-still-resisting perticipant, while Gibson was caught on tape
I just don’t buy the common man vs elitist asshole arguement. Lots of Polanski’s films were popular with the commoners, and lots and lots of people think Polanski is terrible for what he did. The two were just handled in completely different ways, and I think the main thing is as you said, the current news cycle versus the 1970s version of Celeb Newz.
Anyways sorry for the long reply. I just… was there, so I thought I’d have some useful information.
In case anyone’s curious as to the story about the mall:
They closed it for about 40 minutes, with shoppers inside (though they reportedly were letting them out when asked if it seemed safe) when the protest, and the black bloc running ahead of the protest, had turned and was headed towards the mall after smashing up a Gap and Starbucks and attempting to molest a bank. The black bloc ended up smashing a bunch of the Sears displays on the outside of the mall, so it seemed a reasonable precaution.
While they certainly had no warning or explanatory signs, the whole mall was shut down at every entrance because what seemed at the time like a rampaging mob was coming through, and the mob eventually smashed open and spread feces (seriously) inside an American Apparel store. And the people out on the street aren’t just the day’s shoppers, many are there to see the march that the black bloc messed up.
It seems amazing that the guy could see all the shoppers trapped inside and not know something unusual was going on.
Some came from the States, some came from Quebec. They’re still sorting through the reports. And some were certainly undercover cops, though it’s still not clear how many.
They also smashed a whole in a Second Cup window right above a sign that said “Independantly Owned, Uniquely Canadian” but the crowd booed and stopped them from going further. I’m surprised they did as much as they did to the Tims
It does seem unlikely he wasn’t aware at all. By the time they closed the doors the subway had been shut off downtown and the Black Bloc was moving up the street towards the mall. They took out a bunch of storefronts on the way, and they were hardly being quiet.