Uh oh! What’s next? Tay Zonday refusing to turn away from the mic before he breathes in? Double Rainbow Guy feeling like rainbows dropped the ball on the economy?!
think Sheppard Smith will comment on this like he on the Piers Morgan/Casey Anthony/CNN “scoop”? By which I mean “awesomely on point”.
Sorry. That was obtuse. Let’s hear her out. I’m sure she has her reasons.
She actually seems like a normal person (who wants to be an actress). The mystery is why Hannity is treating her like a spokesperson or voice of a generation, and even she seems surprised by that. I mean, don’t conservatives have a whole thing where they demand actors have no opinions whatsoever and just act? Like Sean Penn and Janeane Garafola or whoever?
This marks the first time a viral “celebrity” regrets doing something for the sole purpose of attention. 6-14-2012
Fill in the missing verbs and win!
I can’t believe I watched 6 minutes of Hannity. Here’s what I learned:
1) The Obama video was not her idea. She was an actress who got cast and paid. I’d sincerely assumed she thought it up and got a friend to hold the camera.
2) Sean Hannity is convinced that “when Obama got into office, there were a lot of Americans who decided Hey, I don’t have to pay my mortgage now, or put gas in my car.” Huh?
3) Sean Hannity is upset that “under Obama, 63 million Americans get a government check.” So we are to conclude Hannity wants to cut off everyone currently on Social Security and in the military? Or just that he assumes everyone watching will think 63 million = number of illegal immigrants on welfare now?
4) Obama Girl is not insane, as she tries to explain to him, “No president can change everything,” and he sort of goes into meltdown at that mildly put dose of realism.
5) When she says “I’m a nice person,” I hear a little, sort of clever accusation in there. That maybe she is encouraging Hannity to be nicer. Maybe on account of how he is a relentless, meanspirited jackass who uses his influence to promote ignorance, fear, and anger?
In summary, based on 6 minutes of research, I don’t understand why this guy has a show that people watch. It’s really weird!
Thank you for your notes. I didn’t want to give him the view.
Also: It’s Flag Day!!! Today, hotspur, you are a True AmericanTM.
I treat every day like Flag Day, and Flag Day like every day.
A few people, like Andrew Sullivan, have been pushing for the usage of the word “hathos” to refer to the feeling of pleasure derived from something detestable and odious. Kind of like schadenfreude but not really.
I say we drop that word and just go with “hannity.” It does the job and has a clear etymology.
You must be logged in to post, reply to, or rate a comment.