Johnny Depp loves playing authors in movies. Johnny Depp should LITERALLY just marry playing authors in movies, because that’s how much he loves it. Get a room, Johnny Depp and the role of an author. You’re making everyone else sick. We get it, YOU’RE IN LOVE. Gross. So gross. From The Hollywood Reporter:
Illumination Entertainment and Infinitum Nihil are developing a live-action movie about the life of classic children’s author and illustrator Dr. Seuss (aka Theodor Geisel). Depp will produce the project with the potential to star as Seuss, and Universal Pictures will distribute. Keith Bunin (In Treatment) has been hired to write the screenplay.
I’m just as sure that Johnny Depp will play Dr. Seuss as I am sure that this movie will be magical and inspiring, as well as childlike without ever veering into childish. Those are all for sures. The only not for sure that I can see here is what this movie will be called. Some guesses:
- The Cat In The Ridiculous Hat That Makes Him Look Unattractive
- Green Eggs And Being Raped
- Is There A Doctor In The House? A Dr. SEUSS?
- How The Grinch Stole All The Movies About Authors
- Fear And Loathing In Whoville (Ugh)
- Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News, I’ve Got A Bad Case Of Dr. Seuss (Perfect)
- There’s No Excuse For Dr. Seuss To Not Produce A Good Excuse For Why Author Roles Are So Profuse (For Johnny Depp)
Nailed it. I’m almost positive that it’s going to be one of those names, but you guys are free to guess at other posibilites if you want.