The Star Wars kid has gotten a lot of shit over the years, mainly because he’s not a professional. He simply didn’t have the training necessary to pull off that fight sequence. On the other hand, there are lots of professionals who do have the training and simply lack the means to wield it. I’m talking about people like Aragorn, Captain Jack Sparrow, and Westley. If somehow you could only put a lightsaber in these fearsome warriors hands…Ugh, blogging. What am I even talking about? Let’s just be ourselves, you guys. I found a bunch of clips on YouTube where people took fight sequences from other movies and overlaid lightsabers on top of them using magic, and they are hilarious, and you’re gonna love it.
After the the jump, the 10 best lightsaber mash-ups.
10. Highlander but with lightsabers
9. The Mark of Zorro but with lightsabers
8. Gladiator but with lightsabers
7. Pirates of the Caribbean but with lightsabers
6. 300 but with lightsabers
5. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark but with lightsabers
4. The Patriot but with lightsabers
3. Lord of the Rings but with lightsabers
2. The Princess Bride but with lightsabers
1. Yojimbo but with lightsabers
You know how most people over the age of, say, 25 are glad that the internet wasn’t around when they were younger so that there isn’t a historical record of the long road towards making smart decisions? Me too, but I bet a young George Lucas would have crushed it on his iVillage blog. (That’s what kids are using these days, right? iVillage? Mood: menopausal, Music: Joni Mitchell.)
UPDATE: HOLD IT. Looks like we might have a new NUMBER ONE LIGHTSABER MASH-UP OF ALL TIME.
Boogie Nights but with lightsabers